Monday, June 20, 2011

Youth Tour Day 8-June 19, 2009

We’ve been on the bus all night with some pit stops along the way. Everyone is tired and tired of being on the bus. Youth Tour was great, but now everyone is just excited to get home and see their loved ones. The hardest part about today is saying goodbye to all our friends. Hopefully we will see each other again…maybe at camp this summer, school next year or even college. We hug each other with the promises of staying in touch. Now we can’t wait to tell our loved ones about our exciting week of adventure. It was a great trip! A trip of a life time! A trip that will make us better citizens and community leaders! 2011 Youth Tour Rocks!!!

Here’s what today’s bloggers had to say:

Emily is DEMCO’s delegate:
Her favorite part of the day was sleeping on the bus. Though uncomfortable it was enjoyable. We all mellowed out because we were sad about the trip coming to a close.
Her least favorite part of the day was saying goodbye to the people I have come to regard as close friends.
Today’s activities taught Emily riding on the bus for 24 hours taught me to respect one another not only for our similarities, but also for our differences.
Emily would like to say to her loved ones back home…though this trip has been amazing, I have missed my family. I look forward to seeing them soon.

Ryan is BECI’s delegate:
His favorite part of the day was eating at Cracker Barrel. A taste of home, close to home. It was a great opportunity to eat and socialize with my friends one last time.
His least favorite part of the day was riding 24 hours is always exhausting experience, but the movies and laughter made it worth the while.
Today’s activities reminded Ryan that “YOU ONLY GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN” As I reflected on the trip and my new found friends, I was so glad that I took advantage of all this trip had to offer.
Ryan would like to say to his loved ones back home…just thanks for being the doors God has opened in my life. With your support, I wouldn’t be half of what I am today. I love yall and I appreciate all you contribute to my life.
I plan on representing LA in nothing less than an excellent manner on the YLC> We’re going all the way this year!!!

To view our pictures from today go to the link below. We have 2 photo galleries one is from our Leadership Conference in March and the other is this week’s Youth Tour. New photos will be posted each night.
Photo Gallery:
http://photos.youthtour.org/2011YouthTour/Louisiana/17366516_VkXtZ3#1319901344_K8CGXgM

No comments: